Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Past Week's Tasks

tunnel Pictures, Images and Photos

This past week's tasks...

Finished reading Smashwords Style Guide. I am so glad I opted to go with old school editing -- using sticky notes and red pencil -- instead of editorial marks in Word. I can only imagine the horror of finding and correcting hidden "things" I would experience when first re-formatting and then trying to upload the book. It's clearly not an easy "cut, paste and upload" process.

Conceived a concept for a book trailer. Writing the script and gathering the sound effects, which means mostly creating the sound effects and music on a Clarinova. Haven't decided yet who my voice-overs will be.

Worked on the book cover only to realize the dimensions are totally wrong. Besides, my daughter thinks she could design a much better one using Photoshop which she has on her Mac at school. School starts Monday, so I'll have to give her a couple of days ;).

Decided to eliminate and/or revise a couple of character names, locations, descriptions and actions.

Have started a personal website, which as you will see, is still a work in progress.

Fooled around with a couple of tag lines.

Working on a book description. Have to figure out how long it should be.

Since there are quite a few different ones, determining in which Fiction categories "Fractured Facade" would fit.

Set up a basic Smashwords account and downloaded a book on psychopaths.

Playing Word Games on my Kindle. Have I mentioned how much I love my Kindle?

Going to enjoy the last couple of days with my teens before they head off to school. It's been a pleasure working on my own deadline, but come Monday I'll have to crank it up a bit if I expect that light at the end of the tunnel to grow bigger...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have the creative daughter to pitch ideas too--that must be fun for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is...she's got a good eye, a sharp mouth and is very patient with me ;)

    ReplyDelete