Wednesday, August 10, 2011

List of Tasks

Lists Pictures, Images and Photos

While I'm waiting for the return of my edited manuscript I've been keeping myself busy. Just a quick list of tasks I have completed, started, or need to start:

* Changed the title of the book. Too many books named "Oblivious" out there. Have decided on "Fractured Facade" which will make sense to anyone who reads the book.

* Started a separate bank account. This will be my "author" account which will make it easier come tax time.

* Look into starting a Paypal account linking my author account.

* Joined more independent author groups, cleaned out and adding more "like" persons on Twitter.

* Designing a new website.

* Writing a book description.

* Designing a book cover.

* Storyboading a 30 second book trailer.

* Reading Smashwords Guide.

I figure even if I went the traditional route of publishing I'd still have to do all the above. Well, except for the last one. Being an independent author may not be easy; there's a lot more to it than just writing a great story, but I am enjoying it. I love having total control and at least I'm on my own deadline. Looking forward to crossing some tasks off the list...

1 comment:

  1. Until I read writer's blogs, I had no idea how much went into writing and publishing--whichever route is used.

    ReplyDelete